Cancelled: Halloween Session.
Alfresco dining with a Halloween Quiz Night - Mare
Sat 31st October
We apologise but this event has been CANCELLED.
The Lost Boys invite you to crack their crypt-ic conundrums, probe their paranormal puzzles, and mentally meander through their macabre mysteries in this one-off Halloween quiz night.
Go head to head with other teams following the SpeedQuizzing format, with players given just ten seconds to answer the themed film, music and general knowledge questions over a number of fast-paced rounds, with the quickest person to answer correctly gaining bonus points.
Expect a fiercely fought, good-humoured contest with the chance to order your own treat this Halloween with our Alfresco dining and bar table service. Guidance age recommendation 18+
We invite you to join us and dress for this eerie event. All ghouls, goblins, witches, and other creepy curiosities welcome.
SpeedQuizzing - What You need:
- A smartphone or tablet capable of connecting to a WiFi network (one per team, the app works best if mobile data is turned off on the device you want to use. A tablet will work better as the screen and buttons will be easier to reach by all members of the team).
- Enough battery to last the duration of the event (Approx 3 hours including setup time, bring a portable charger as no power at the tables).
- Up to six people per team (Current Social Distancing Guidelines) See T&Cs below
- Just download the software: (This can be done any time before the event, charges may apply over mobile network). Apple App Store | Goggle Play | Amazon App Store
£10 per table (up to 6 people)
Frequently Asked Question's
About the Sessions FAQs
How it works
- Book a table
- Make a note of your table number
- Order your food from your favourite local café, restaurant or pub and quote your table number
- Sit back, relax and wait for your meal and enjoy the event.
- Join the conversation through by using #derbymarketplace
Do we have to arrive at the start of the session?
No. Once booked the table is yours for the session but we’d encourage you to arrive before the entertainment starts – see website for timings.
We can’t attend anymore, can I cancel my booking?
If you have made a booking and are unable to attend please contact our Derby Sales and Information team on 01332 255800 option 1 or email email@example.com. Bookings are non-refundable without 24 hours’ advance notice by telephone.
How close can I get to the stage?
You must stay in your chalet / at your table unless using facilities to comply with our social distancing policy
Will I be able to see the stage
Customers can expect a safe space to eat and drink, with some great music and entertainment to accompany this. Our aim is to provide an enjoyable cultural experience in accompaniment of great food and company. However, some tables and chalets do have a restricted view of the stage and are booked on a first come, first served basis.
If I book sessions on the same day, can I stay between sessions?
Should you decide to book for both sessions, you’ll be asked to vacate the DMP at the end of the afternoon session to enable a full deep clean of the area.
Booking Alfresco Dining and Sessions FAQs
How to book
- Tickets can be pre-booked in advance online at derbymarketplace.co.uk
- In person at the ticket kiosk in the Market Place
- By phone (01332 255800) through our Sales and Information Centre at Riverside Chambers (Full Street, Derby DE1 3AF)
- Text 07812 301 233 (for deaf people only)
- Sign video https://www.derby.gov.uk/signing-service/
How many people are allowed per table?
There is a maximum of 6 people to a table ensuring current social distancing guidelines are met.
What happens when I arrive?
You will be asked for your booking details and we will need to take your details down for track and trace purposes. This information will not be shared with any third party and won’t be used for marketing purposes.
You will then be guided to your table. If your chosen food outlet is providing delivery, they will find your table and deliver it straight to you.
Can I just turn up?
We do encourage people to reserve a table beforehand in case of high demand. However, where tables are available then these will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Can we pay by cash?
Yes, however we would encourage as many people to make contactless payments wherever possible.
I require an accessible table, how can I book this?
Accessible chalets and open air tables to accommodate wheelchair users are pre-bookable, subject to availability, through the following channels:
- In person at the outdoor kiosk at Derby Market Place
- Over the phone at the Sales and Information centre, on 01332 255800
- Text 07812 301 233 (for deaf people only)
- Sign video https://www.derby.gov.uk/signing-service/
Please get in touch, and we will do all we can to accommodate your request.
Is there any heating in the chalet's?
There will be heating and speakers in each chalet.
Ordering food FAQs
How do I order my food?
Details of suggested outlets are listed on the website where you can get in touch with your chosen café, restaurant or pub directly. They will let you know if they will offer a table delivery service or if you need to collect your order.
Will cutlery be supplied?
Cutlery will be supplied by the outlet, or alternatively you can bring your own disposable cutlery.
Where can I order food from?
You can order your take-out food from any food outlet in the city that is offering a take-out service. A list of a selection of suggested eateries is available on the website.
Can we collect and bring our food on site ourselves?
You can, but we ask that you pre-book a table first. This is to stop your food getting cold while you queue and stop frustrations when you have to log your details.
Is there a bar?
Alcohol can be purchased on site after displaying proof of your food order (excluding The Beer Sessions). We would encourage as many people to make contactless payments wherever possible.
Alcohol can only be purchased with food consumed on the premises and the bar will be operating a “Challenge 25” policy. If you are fortunate enough to look 25 or under then proof of age may be requested. Our approved forms of ID are: valid Driving Licence, valid Passport, Military ID, Any other form of ID with the PASS hologram on it.
We reserve the right to refuse alcohol to those we feel are too far under the influence.
The bar will close 15 minutes before the end of the session.
Can we bring drinks in containers?
Non-alcohol drinks in plastic bottles are allowed but please do not bring any glass or alcohol onto the site.
About the Market Place FAQs
Where is Derby Market Place?
Derby Market Place ( DE1 3AH ) is located in the heart of Derby's Cathedral Quarter, with great transport links from all areas of the City and just a few minutes walk from the Bus Station. It is surrounded by two of Derby's entertainment venues - Guildhall Theatre and QUAD, along with a selection of shops, bars and restaurants.
Where’s the best place to park if I’m driving?
Both Bold Lane and the Assembly Rooms car parks are offering a 20% discount for all patrons of Derby Market Place. Validate your parking card at the Market Place entrance and enjoy a 20% discount when you go to pay! Hurrah!
What about the Government guidelines?
We have everything covered, so you can relax in a safe environment, here are the measures we are putting in place:
- There will be hand sanitisers available at the entrances and exit and on each table.
- Social distancing measures are in place for queuing and the tables are laid out in accordance to the latest guidelines.
- Regular cleaning of all communal spaces.
- Hourly clean of toilets and they will also be deep cleaned daily.
- Our staff will sanitise and deep clean each table between bookings.
- Every day there will be a deep clean of all areas.
- Signage will be available to help with social distancing.
Do I need to provide the names of all people on our table?
No, only the person who makes the booking. Please let your group know you are leaving your details for track and trace purposes on their behalf.
What if we turn up at different times?
No problem. Simply pass the confirmation of your booking and the table number on to the group and they can turn up separately.
Are children allowed on site?
Children are more than welcome on site (except for The Beer Sessions which is for 18+) but must be accompanied by an adult.
We have a limited number of highchairs available, they are pre-bookable, or please ask our team on the day if you wish to use one.
Is smoking permitted?
Smoking is not permitted on site. This includes the use of e-cigarettes in all forms.
Are dogs allowed on site?
Assistance dogs only are welcome on site.
Are there toilets on site?
Yes, the venue has its own. Derby Market Place offers accessible toilets to its patrons. Users of Changing Places toilets can use the Council House Changing Places room between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Can I eat my lunch from sandwich take-away shops at Derby Market Place?
Yes, subject to availability. Derby Market Place is a space to sit and enjoy food at the heart of the city centre.
Terms and Conditions
- If you or any member of your group are feeling unwell or are displaying any symptoms that relate to Covid-19, please don’t attend.
- For your safety, bag checks will be in operation on entry to the site.
- Alcohol cannot be brought onto the site.
- Abusive or offensive behaviour in any form will not be tolerated.
- Smoking is not permitted on site. This includes the use of e-cigarettes in all forms.
- Dogs are not allowed, with the exception of Assistance Dogs.
- Under 18s are welcome (excluding The Beer Sessions) but must be accompanied by an adult.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to our customers at any time.
- There is a maximum of 6 people to a table and current social distancing guidelines must be adhered to. Please ensure you maintain adherence to the Government guidelines when inviting other people to join you. Whilst 6 is the capacity for each table, we do ask that all groups follow social distancing guidance to influence the number of guests in the party and be transparent around ‘social bubbles’ to ensure the enjoyment and safety of all customers. Our policies and procedures are in line with national guidance on test and trace, and this will continue to be the case across all aspects of Derby Market Place.
- The table is yours for the entirety of the booking. The site will need to be clear at the end of the time slot to clean down. Please bear this in mind if ordering food for delivery, giving you enough time to enjoy your meal.
- The person who makes the booking will be asked to provide full contact details in line with national guidance on test and trace. We ask that if anyone contracts Covid-19 to contact our Sales and Information Centre so we can follow the test and trace guidelines.
- If you have made a booking and are unable to attend please contact our Sales and Information Centre on 01332 255800 option 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Bookings are non-refundable without 24 hours’ advance notice by telephone.
- Table numbers must be given to food outlets when ordering for delivery. Responsibility for all aspects of any food ordered, from quality to timeliness of delivery, is with the outlet you use. Unfortunately, we cannot accept responsibility for any food orders that do not meet your satisfaction.
- There is a bar on site, drinks can be purchased after displaying your food order. It is a condition of the licence that alcohol can only be purchased with food consumed on the premises. The bar will close 15 minutes before the end of the session.
- As with any bar will be operating a “Challenge 25” policy on all purchases. If you are fortunate enough to look 25 or under then proof of age maybe requested.
- Acceptable forms of ID are: valid Driving Licence, valid Passport, Military ID or any other form of ID with the PASS hologram on it. We reserve the right to refuse serving alcohol.
- No glass will be permitted on site; all drinks from the bar will be decanted to plastic that we will provide.
- You must stay in your plot unless using facilities to comply with social distancing policy. You will be able to see the stage but sight lines are restricted in the chalets.
- Bookings of more than 6 people across multiple tables will not be accepted. Please contact our Sales and Information Centre if your household group or support bubble is larger than this. Proof may be required and is subject to availability.
- Cutlery will be supplied by the outlet, or alternatively you can bring your own disposable cutlery.
- We have access-friendly chalets and tables available. Should you wish to book one, please confirm your requirements in advance with Sales and Information team and we will do what we can to accommodate your request.